Auto Hail Damage Claims Assistance
AutoWorks PDR has been assisting customers with their auto hail damage claims for nearly 20 years. Discovering your automobile has been damaged in a hail storm is bad enough, but then having to deal with your insurance company always seems to make it worse. All of the phone calls, paperwork and damage inspections can be time consuming, but with AutoWorks PDR we can make the claims process much easier.
How to file a claim for auto hail damage
To get you started with your auto hail damage claim, we have listed a few tips to use that should make the process easier.
- As soon as you notice the hail damage, contact your insurance company to report the damage. After you file your claim, you will be assigned a claims adjuster. The claims adjuster will contact you to schedule a time to come and inspect the damage. Have your auto hail damage inspected in a shady area, or inside your garage. If in the sun, it will be harder to see all of the damage due to glare.
- Consult with your insurance claims adjuster about your dent repair options. Insurance companies prefer Paintless Dent Repair for auto hail damage repair, but if the damage is too severe and doesn’t qualify for Paintless Dent Repair – you might need to visit a auto body shop. At AutoWorks PDR, if you have your Paintless Dent Repair completed with us – we will take care of the auto body work as well. This only applies to full auto hail damage repairs.
- Find a reputable facility. Of course, AutoWorks PDR would prefer you bring your hail damaged vehicle to us, but research is always advised. With a traditional body shop, some will have their own PDR technicians on staff, but many rely on subcontractors to complete the repairs. Asking the body shop about their subcontractors is advised. AutoWorks PDR is CarStar’s® preferred subcontractor for their auto body shops around the United States.
- Ask how long the repair will take. Paintless Dent Repair for auto hail damage repair can take anywhere from 1-3 days, depending on the amount of damage. We suggest you get your car scheduled for repairs as soon as possible. In the event of a hail storm, PDR shops get booked quickly. The sooner you get in, the sooner the repairs will be made.
- Make sure the repairs come with a guarantee. When you go to pick-up your vehicle, ask to see the repairs. Your Paintless Dent Repair should come with a Lifetime Warranty. Make sure you don’t leave the facility without one. If after you get home, you notice any flaw – the shop should have it fixed at no additional charge to you.